[nabs-l] need to vent and very discouraged right now.

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Fri Dec 6 00:15:06 UTC 2013

Don't be discouraged. I am not totally blind but I am legally blind and I
was a head teach at 2 Montessori School, Co-Teacher at one Montessori
school and interned for a year at another Montessori school. I worked in
primary which is 3-6 year olds. When working with children there are always
assistants or co-teacher because they have to have a certain adult to child
ratio. So even though Montessori works best with 28-32 children and one
teacher, I still had ot have two assistants to meet state law. I had some
concerns would I know if something happened across the playground, would I
notice if I child had an allergic reaction fro example I cannot tell if
someones skin is red or they are pale. But in reality playground was not my
responsibility as head teacher. Yes, I was out there but so were two
assistants.

I don't understand why they hire the people they do to be rehab counselors.
Keep your head up and follow your dreams of what you want as a career.