[nabs-l] accessibility of Share Point, One Note, and Voice Thread

justin williams justin.williams2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 07:03:54 UTC 2013

What is share point for exactly?

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Julie McGinnity
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:42 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] accessibility of Share Point, One Note, and Voice
Thread

Hi all,

Thank you for this.  I think my boss was leaning towards using One Note, but
I will tell her about SharePoint.

Ryan, I have done the research on Voice Thread.  The website has different
sections on accessibility, but a lot of it doesn't seem specific to screen
readers.  Also, a lot of the video and audio features are flash based,
which, as we all know, is generally inaccessible.

I was mostly entertained that I was struggling to read with Jaws one of the
documents they put out on accessibility.  The designers of the program seem
to think that accessibility means adding extra features to their program,
such as the ability to create captions for their video.  I will note here
that there is no tool for describing videos available through their program.
I am just wondering if any students have had experience trying to use this
and how it went.