[nabs-l] Some Questions About Attending College

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 23 17:04:20 UTC 2013

Hi Helga,
I currently have an all-in-one scanner, copier, printer. It is a Samsung SCX
3400, and I bought it at Walmart for about $100. It is a lazor printer too,
and it seems to scan faster than any of the inkjet all-in-one printer
scanners have done. I used to have an Epson scanner that was just a scanner,
but it was rather slow too.
You will not have to cut the book for OpenBook to scan it, since the scanner
is a flat-bed scanner with a glass that you just put the page of the book on
it and scan it.
I am in North Carolina, and I am attending Guilford Technical Community
College. The college I visited that had the nice scanner that was fast was
the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. I went for one of their
open houses, because I thought about attending, but I did not get accepted
there since it is hard to get into.
What I do with pictures is just to scan all of the pages of the chapter
anyway. Usually, it will scan the picture too, but I can just skip over it
when I am reading in Microsoft Word, since it just puts the image there. I
just scan all pages, since I don't know ahead of time which have pictures
and which don't, and then I just skip over the pictures while reading.
Hth,
Misty