[nabs-l] Can't believe this about braille

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 12:39:21 UTC 2013

Ari, you know you can get braille books for free from your state
library for the blind (well, at least I know Louisiana has one)
or from the national library in Utah. That's where I got all my
braille books before I sarted using my braillenote. While I'll
say that electronic reading is a lot more convenient (braille
books are so heavy and clunky) I do appreciate braille. Because
electronics can break. I think that's what a lot of people don't
realize. And if electronics break and you don't know as a backup,
you're in deep trouble. Audio is no excuse for not learning
braille. My personal belief is that just as all sighted kids must
learn print, all of usmust learn braille. Sorry for the long
rant, but the bottom line is, I agree with you, Ari. If a print
book only costs $20-30, braille shouldn't cost that much more.