[nabs-l] cover letters

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 20:15:51 UTC 2013

Hi,

A cover letter is much like a business letter.  The one's I've written
have used business letter format for headings and punctuation in the
salutation.  The body should discuss why you would be good for the
job, your good qualities, and give a little backbone to your resume,
(I'm assuming this cover letter you're writing will accompany a
resume).  Remember to be polite and formal and it always helps to
thank the person for taking the time to read your letter or consider
your application at the end.  That's how I've always been required to
write it.  Hope this helps.

On 2/5/13, Gloria G <gloria.graves at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers on how to write a
> cover letter? I have never had to write one before and was just wondering
> what the format and basics of what should go into a cover letter were.
> Thanks

Kaiti