[nabs-l] Extended Time

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 14 23:56:20 UTC 2013

Hi Arielle,
I think you had some great points. In high school, they could have a case by
case basis as not all our classes need extended time. I think the
implication is bad that taking a test in braille means we are slow readers
and will always be slow. I know some rather fast braille readers who would
likely finish tests faster than sighted students.

Anyway, good discussion. if we use any accomodation, we should think about
if it helps or hurts us in the longrun.

Ashley