[nabs-l] Forum for discussing social/emotional issues with other blind folks

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:14:04 UTC 2013

That makes sense, and that's how I would want my list to be run
anyway. I would rather have a forum where people can talk openly,
without a chain of command, so to speak. Of course, when steps need to
be taken to stop a member from harassing someone, for example,
moderation needs to happen. But in order to foster trust, I don't
think a heavy-handed approach, or one where too many professionals are
involved to the point where they may, however unintentionally,
invalidate other members' experiences and opinions, would work out too
well. I was just asking because others may not have seen it that way,
and I was more or less gauging interest.
With that in mind, let me take a look at the Yahoogroups interface.
I've heard that they made changes to it recently that made it less
accessible, or maybe that was Google Groups. I've never ran a group
before, so this is new to me. Either way, the archives would most
certainly be private.

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/theweird1%40centurylink.