[nabs-l] the new Blind Social Talk list has been created!

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 20:30:45 UTC 2013

Hi,
Let me try to clarify. I believe it would be ok to have a few
professionals on the list. I haven't decided just how many yet, but
they should be able to add a bit of balance if things get out of hand,
or if none of the younger mentors have any answers for a particular
problem is submitted. But, yes, in general, I believe there has to be
an age restriction. What we don't want is a list that has mostly
professionals and not enough young people. The whole point of this
list is that they have a nonthreatening environment in which to
discuss their problems. Having too many professionals, or older people
in general, could upset this balance. I don't mean to offend anyone by
saying that, but you've all been there, you all know how it feels to
want to open up and share things with your peers, but clam up the
second anyone with the title of "responsible adult" steps in. Yes, at
times it may be childish, even foolish, but at other times it's
perfectly healthy, and that's what I'm striving for here. It is a
delicate balance, with no hard and fast rules. We will just have to
see how it plays out. I'm sorry I can't provide a more definitive
answer at this point, but I hope that clarifies my position a bit.
One other thing: I have a number of pending memberships, but the
people who have sent them have not submitted their intros to me yet.
If any of you who haven't are on this list, remember, you only have 48
hours from the time you've sent your subscription request to do so
before your membership request is rejected. This helps to eliminate
spammers, and I will stand firm on this point. If you would like to
join the list, send a message with the word subscribe in the subject
line and nothing else to blind-social-talk-subscribe at yahoogroups.com.
Thanks,
Desiree