[nabs-l] Participants Needed for Online Research Studies

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 03:48:11 UTC 2013

Hi Antonio and all,
The research consists of three unconnected studies. Because people are
randomly assigned to different conditions and it's impossible to know
which condition you might be randomly assigned to, I can't go into a
whole lot of detail. I can say, though, that the first study is one
where we'll ask you to write a short essay about an aspect of your
personal experience as a blind person; the second study is where we'll
ask you to solve a set of math problems as best you can; and the third
is a survey about your attitudes and feelings about yourself and your
blindness as well as your interest in engaging in certain activities
in the future. I am sorry I can't go into more detail than that
without compromising the integrity of the studies. I hope you will
participate and I'd be happy to talk off-list in more detail about the
studies after you participate, or if you decide not to participate.
Best,
Arielle