[nabs-l] text books in digital

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 02:14:13 UTC 2013

Hi Jeff,
Have you talked to your TVI about this preference? What was the response?
Braille texts usually come from digital versions these days, so it
shouldn't be too hard to get them. However, you might also want to
think about going to a summer program like one of the NFB camps this
summer to work on your Braille reading speed. I don't know how long
ago you started learning Braille, but having a faster Braille reading
speed can help you a lot in your college and job endeavors in the
future. For example, with a faster Braille speed you can use Brailled
notes when giving speeches or presentations, instead of memorizing.
Arielle