[nabs-l] text books in digital

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 04:27:28 UTC 2013

Hi,

Try looking at the Nimac files available from APH, and if they're
available from bookshare all the better.  Also, now Bookshare has a
feature where you can read books online, so you may be able to find
some of your texts that way.  Also try NLS, as I've actually gotten a
few things I've needed from there as well.  Good luck.

On 2/26/13, trising <trising at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Hi Jeff:
>
>      Its Terri Wilcox. You know me from our NFB Affiliate and from Braille
> Camp. I can help you with your Braille Reading speed. Remember, fast readers
> do not move their lips when they read. Also, use all six fingers. The thumbs
> and pinkies are not used, but the rest are used for reading Braille. The
> left hand is more sensitive. If you use more fingers you will not have to
> read each letter. You will begin to feel shapes of words and your speed will
> increase drastically. Keep those palms up off the Braille. Cupped hands read
> faster! Read with both hands together until you reach the last word. Then,
> the left hand tracks back on the same line while the right hand gets the
> last word. If you keep your fingers in contact with the Braille, you will
> not lose speed. Please contact me if you would like help.
>
> Terri Wilcox
> Secretary, National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
> Ann Arbor Chapter President
> Voice Lessons and Braille Tutoring available. Contact Terri Wilcox MA at
> (734)663-4050 or at trising at sbcglobal.net

Kaiti