[nabs-l] Paycheck question

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 00:07:14 UTC 2013

Hi Alexa,
These days you can usually sign up to have the money from your
paycheck automatically deposited into your bank account. To do this,
you will need to open a checking account if you don't yet have one,
and then give your employer a blank check from the checkbook that you
get from the bank. Usually on your first day of a new job, someone
will ask you if you want to sign up for direct deposit. After you sign
up for direct deposit, you can check your bank balance on payday using
online and phone banking to find out how much money was added to your
account. If for some reason your employer doesn't provide direct
deposit, then you can ask someone in the HR department to tell you
what is written on the check when you get it, or find out how much it
is when you take it to the bank to be cashed or deposited into your
account.
Do you know yet where you will be attending college?
Best,
Arielle