[nabs-l] URGENT REMINDER: Washington Seminar Room Reservations DueWed 1/9

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 02:36:08 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley and all,
The NABS meeting is sometimes on Sunday and sometimes on Monday. I'm
not sure why they decided to do it on Monday this year. However when
it's on Monday it has to be a half-day because the gathering-in
meeting is at 5:00 in the same room, so the NABS meeting has to be
done by 3:00 or so in order to give enough time to clean up and
reorganize the room for the great gathering-in meeting.
NABS has not had a student banquet for many years. From my
recollection the main reason is cost. Banquets are very expensive to
put on. Instead NABS has opted to sponsor a lower-cost and less formal
social with a fund-raising auction. This also allows for NABS members
to go out for dinner with friends, affiliate members, etc. before the
social.
Arielle