[nabs-l] having pop quizzes

Lisa E Roszyk rosz1878 at fredonia.edu
Thu Jan 10 02:25:43 UTC 2013

Being prepared is how Ihandle it Ilet my teachers know that Ihave
alternati8ve testing so when pop quizes Ihave it set up that the teachers
have the test sent over to the testing\ disability office and when Ihave a
free minute before the nexgt tim Ihav e the class the quiz hbappened in Igo
take it

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013, Misty Dawn Bradley <mistydbradley at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
> I had several pop quizzes that involved writing short essays in my
English class, so I had a scribe or fellow classmate read the questions to
me, and then I would go out in the hall and type my answers on my laptop
while the questions were read. My professor allowed me to email it to him
after class or whenever I was able to access the Internet, although with my
laptop I could access the Wifi network at school. Perhaps if you have a
laptop, IPhone, or Android device maybe you could sync the file to one of
these if you can get internet? Also, maybe you could take the Braille Note
to the Disability Services office and connect it to one of the computers
there and then sync the file and email it or put it on a thumb drive. The
Disability Access office at my school has Jaws and Zoomtext on the
computers, so if that is the case at your school, you may be able to
transfer the file to one of their computers and email it there.

bookwormahb at earthlink.net>
nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
> Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:34 PM
> Subject: [nabs-l] having pop quizzes
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I know pop quizzes are rare, but they do appear sometimes and may appear
if I take a certain class.

>> Normally, I take quizzes in the testing center on a pc or take them
orally with the professor. But if more writing is involved, oral quizzes
aren’t feasible.

>> How do you deal with pop quizzes? The only other way I can think of is
to write answers on my braille note but then the professor would have to
see them somehow. I suppose I could save it on a usb drive or sd card or
email it to them. I think the saving the file would be best because  I
don’t have internet access on the notetaker and don’t know if I want to pay
for it.

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/mistydbradley%40gmail.com