[nabs-l] blackboard administered quizzes

Misty Dawn Bradley mistydbradley at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 05:40:16 UTC 2013

Hi,
My current campus uses Moodle instead of Blackboard, but I did use
Blackboard at another campus I took classes at, and I was able to take
quizzes without any trouble. Basically, there were questions, and then after
each question, there were checkboxes with answer choices, and you just check
the correct answer with the spacebar or enter. After you have answered all
of the questions, there is usually a button for Submit or save or whatever
the case may be. The only issue you may run into is that the quizzes may be
timed depending on whether the instructor chose to time them, but usually I
find that I am able to finish before time is up. Also, on Blackboard,
instructors can limit the number of attempts, so it is best to make sure
that you are definitely ready to take the quiz before entering it, because
once you close the quiz window if the attempts are limited to just one, then
it will lock you out of the quiz. I had this happen one time on Blackboard
where I was new to it and hit the wrong button and accidentally closed it,
but I explained what had happened to my professor, so he was able to unlock
it for me to try once more because I closed it before I could answer any of
the questions.
Anyway, this is my experience with Blackboard.
Hth,
Misty