[nabs-l] Math symbols

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:56:17 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I'm starting my stats class today, and the professor gave me some of
the materials to look over before the class to make sure they were
accessible on my laptop.  The worksheets were fine, but I came across
a "Macron" symbol and didn't know what it was.  I took it to my prof
and he said it was actually the symbol for sigma.  Now that I know
this, I'm wondering what other symbols JAWS might have funky names for
and what these symbols might be.  Also, I'm wondering how I would go
about writing them in equasions.  My professor said that if there
really isn't a good way to do it he'd be fine with me writing out
something like "Sigma" within the equasion, but if I can get the
symbols to work that would be great.   Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

--
Kaiti