[nabs-l] Math symbols

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 00:10:40 UTC 2013

Hi Maria,

These arActually, these were html files.  I have text files for the
text portions of my math book, and my professor is giving me
worksheets in word format.  Both of those work great.  I don't know
why but I guess my ds office thought taking the algebra stuff out of
the text file and putting it into html would make it easier for the
screenreader or something.  Anyway, this is the only math class I'm
going to need, and I plan to use my professor's suggestion for writing
out symbols and just ask for clarification on what they really are if
they're not spoken right again.  As for reading it, I'm not keen on
the idea of buying anything since this is just one class and my
professor is so willing to help me find work arounds, but I guess if
all else fails I could google how to write the symbol and put it into
my jaws dictionary to make the macron announce itself as sigma, just
to make reading a little more straightforward.

Thanks for all the suggestions though.  I've heard of latex and it
sounds like an interesting language.
Thanks.

Kaiti