[nabs-l] Martin Luther King Junior Day of service.

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 03:09:56 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am a member of a co-ed service fraternity, Alpha Phi Omega.  It's
one of the largest international fraternal groups and is based on the
service principles of the boy and girl scouts organizations.
Typically we have our meetings on Sunday nights, but our president had
the same idea as you and decided to schedule our first meeting of the
year, where the majority of our service for this semester will be
discussed and voted on, for MLK day.  Although we won't necessarioly
be doing service yet, MLK day will be when we do the planning to set
up the next three months of volunteer work.

On 1/19/13, Darian <dsmithnfb at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> Being an alumnus of AmeriCorps, I firmly believe that Martin Luther King
> Junior's birthday (holiday)  Is a date on, not a day off.
> This being said, I have every intention of going out and being real  deep in
>  community service activities.
>
> Do you all have any such plans? And if so, what are they?
>

> This electronic message has been brought to you by my mobile device.

Kaiti