[nabs-l] when technology interferes with testing

vejas brlsurfer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:23:54 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm in Spanish level 5-6.  I use a braille-note apex which I
often pair to my IPhone.  My teacher is very technology-oriented
and he has us use a site called word-champ to do drills and take
tests.  I find that word-champ is not always very efficient to
use with VoiceOver.  For one, some of the words are cut off, and
also there are often problems with the cursor jumping around a
lot.  On my last test I scored very poorly and several of my
mistakes were due to problems with the site (it cut off some
parts of the exam and it wasn't always clear where to write the
answer.) My teacher doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of
this situation.  My dad has seen me do drills before and saw my
last test, and understands these problems.  We are having a
meeting about it with the teacher on Thursday.
Have any of you had a similar experience where testing interferes
with technology? What did you do about it?
Vejas