[nabs-l] when technology interferes with testing

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 17:09:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I would definitely recommend using a computer if you have access to
one.  If you don't, is there a braillist or someone who could go onto
the site and put the drills into braille for you?  Then you could read
from the braille, type your answers on your computer or BrailleNote,
and email them back to your teacher.

HTH

On 1/21/13, Mauricio Almeida <mauriciopmalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
> using a computer would be wiser as the iPhone is more sensitive.
> give it a try.
>
> mauricio
> On Jan 21, 2013, at 12:23 AM, vejas <brlsurfer at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>> I'm in Spanish level 5-6.  I use a braille-note apex which I often pair to
>> my IPhone.  My teacher is very technology-oriented and he has us use a
>> site called word-champ to do drills and take tests.  I find that
>> word-champ is not always very efficient to use with VoiceOver.  For one,
>> some of the words are cut off, and also there are often problems with the
>> cursor jumping around a lot.  On my last test I scored very poorly and
>> several of my mistakes were due to problems with the site (it cut off some
>> parts of the exam and it wasn't always clear where to write the answer.)
>> My teacher doesn't seem to understand the seriousness of this situation.
>> My dad has seen me do drills before and saw my last test, and understands
>> these problems.  We are having a meeting about it with the teacher on
>> Thursday.
>> Have any of you had a similar experience where testing interferes with
>> technology? What did you do about it?
>> Vejas

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/mauriciopmalmeida%40gmail.com

Kaiti