[nabs-l] Intro and questions

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Thu Jan 24 18:27:50 UTC 2013

Good morning, Ari,

         I am not any kind of authority on the subject of nihongo
tenji (Japanese braille) but, after studying for 3 years in high
school, and visiting Kukizaki, Japan in '97 with my hometown's sister
city, I happened upon some basic tenji. . Have you any familiarity
with how nihongo (spoken Japanese) is organized? If so, I can
describe how the syllable chart is arranged in bbraille, if you want?
As for a curiossity about Canada, and blindness, I had a blind
friend, Lynnn King who lived here in berkeley who was from Canada,
and she could have probably answered your questions but she died last
year of cancer. I hope you find some answers. Try other blindness
magazines and newsletters?