[nabs-l] IPhone question

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 23:37:19 UTC 2013

There are no differences in accessibility between the 4 and the 5. I
know that you don't have Siri until the iPhone 4s, therefore I don't
think you can dictate anything unless you have the iPhone 4s. Other
than that, you will be able to access all of the features of the
iPhone with a 4. You will be able to download the latest version of
iOS, which is version 6. I do agree that having the latest iPhone is
pretty cool, but there is nothing wrong with getting a 4. I know that
you are promised 2 software upgrades. So since the iPhone 4 came out
with iOS 4, iOS 5 was the first update and iOS 6 the second. However,
people with iPhone 3gs phones were able to update their phones to iOS
6 which for them was the third update. So, Apple may allow 4's to
update to 7, but they may not. Who knows? In that case, being behind
on the software may put you at a disadvantage for apps and such, but
if you really want an iPhone and a 4 is the best option for you
personally, then you won't be making any huge accessibility sacrifices
by buying an older iPhone.

As far as capacity is concerned, again, you won't be making
accessibility sacrifices by buying a phone with a lesser capacity. To
determine the capacity that is right for you, I think you need to
evaluate yourself and how much you plan to keep on your phone. I have
a 16 gig iPhone and am satisfied with it. I use my phone all the time
and I have several apps however I have an iPod for my music, so I do
not need to dedicate a lot of space for that nor am I especially tech
savvy, so I am a pretty typical user. I think that an 8 gig is on the
small side but that a 16 gig satisfies most typical users. But if you
have tons of music or if you are pretty sure that you are going to
download a ton of apps and videos and such, then you may want to think
about a larger capacity.

Cindy