[nabs-l] I devices accessibility

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 23:39:43 UTC 2013

Also I think you only have to activate touch typing once, not every
time you want to type something. So if you're not great with
touch-screen gestures like the rotor gesture, you can turn on touch
typing using a wireless keyboard, Braille device or even getting help
from another VoiceOver user or Apple Store employee and then you never
have to worry about it again.
One thing I still haven't figured out is how to enter passwords with
the touch screen, since VoiceOver doesn't give feedback about what
you're typing when you're in a secure field (it just says "*" no
matter what you type). So I always have to use my Braille keyboard to
enter passwords. Has anyone figured out how to do this reliably using
the touch screen?
ArielleArielle

On 1/27/13, Ashley Bramlett <bookwormahb at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Chris,
> I wanted to know if Siri can interact with itunes?
> So, to clarify, are you saying it can pull up a specific song for you?
> Can you ask it to launch itunes and play a song or do you have to be in
> itunes first?
> I'm impressed you can do so much with Siri. Everyone says its useful; I mean
>
> both sighted and blind people.
> Thanks.
> Ashley

>>> if so, which one? Can you type in braille and something translates it