[nabs-l] braille desplays and iPhone 4s

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 01:44:01 UTC 2013

Kaiti and all, that is a common misconception. When pairing a
braillenote apex with an iPhone, you do not search for devices.
Here are the steps of the process.

Braillenote Apex Set-Up:
Press space + O for options menu (function + o on a QT)
 Press C for connectivity.
 Press B for bluetooth.
 • Type Y to answer yes to turn on bluetooth.
 Return to main menu with space + all 6 dots (main menu key on
the QT)

 Press T for braille terminal mode.
 Press B to change the communication channel from USB to
bluetooth.

iOS Device Set-Up:

 With VoiceOver turned on and the iOS device running iOS 4 or
later: Enter the settings menu.
Select general.
 Select accessibility.
 Select Voiceover.
 Select Braille.
The iOS device scans the area for available braille displays and
will show the Braillenote Apex. Select the Apex. An authorization
code of 0000 needs to be entered on the iOS device at this point.
You do have a certain amount of time to enter the authorization
code, but I have done it successfully and independently many
times.
HTH,
Sophie