[nabs-l] 2013 NABS Cafe

Gabe Cazares gcazares at nfbtx.org
Thu Jan 31 20:54:46 UTC 2013

Do you enjoy live music?
Do you enjoy a cash bar?
Are you competitive enough to engage others in a bidding war during
our not so silent and live auction?

If you answered yes to one or all of these questions then the NABS
Café is the event for you! On Monday February 4, 2013 shortly after
the conclusion of The Great Gathering In, the National Association of
Blind Students invites you and all your friends to join us in the
Discovery Room from 8:00 PM to midnight! We will be having some of the
greatest musical names in the Federation singing and playing live!

In addition to fabulous live music, we will also be auctioning off
some world class items such as box seat tickets to a Baltimore
Orioles’ Game, an exquisite Sauvignon Blanc wine from California’s
wine country, a highly coveted 7000MA External Battery, beautiful
ceramic tequila sets imported from Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, México,
gourmet food, and products to pamper yourself: among many many many
other goodies! And, don’t worry, in addition to cash and checks, we
are pleased to take credit cards!

You may purchase your ticket in advance all day Monday by stopping by
the NABS registration table outside of our seminar room for $5, or for
those that are champion procrastinators you can purchase a ticket at
the door for $7.

As if that weren’t enough, an added bonus to come to the NABS Café:

Throughout the day on Monday, four people will be in the running to
receive a pie to the face at the event! Jernigan Institute Executive
Director, Mark Riccobono, NFB Strategic Communications Director, Anil
Lewis, former Imagination Fund Chair, and all-around NFB superstar
Kevan Worley, and NABS President, Sean Whalen, will each have a jar in
which you can put money. The person who receives the most money in his
jar will be getting pied during our auction!

So bring your energy, bring your enthusiasm, and bring your money!!!
The 2013 NABS Café promises to be our best one yet!

If you have any questions, or would like more information please feel
free to contact me at gcazares at nfbtx.org or 713-269-5156.

See y’all in Washington D.C!

All the best,

...Gabe