[nabs-l] The Electronic Brailler!

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Sun Jul 7 21:36:38 UTC 2013

I saw the Electronic Brailler, too, and it has some possibilities.  It
takes advantage of the Duxbury Braille Translator, so that will help to
get translated braille into the hands of kids without requiring a
braillist, but no braille translator will do a perfect job with
formatting, so some knowledge of that is likely still going to be needed,
as will the need for making raised line drawings of some coursework.
While the machine is apparently coming out soon, I was told that they
are still making refinements to the braille embossing mechanism.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013 08:09:14 -0400
christopher nusbaum <dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a presentation done about this at convention, and it seems
> pretty cool. I think this will serve as a great tool for braille
> education, as teachers will be able to see what their students are
> writing even if they are a little slow in braille. This may also be a
> good tool to illuminate the need for specialized braille transcribers.
>
> Chris Nusbaum
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Jul 7, 2013, at 8:06 AM, Joshua Lester <JLester8462 at pccua.edu> wrote:
>
> > http://www.ebrailler.com
> > It's finally out!
> > What are your thoughts?
> > I liked the prototype that David showed me in 2010!
> > Thanks, Joshua

 <>