[nabs-l] FW: APH-The Talking Scientific CALCULATOR IS HERE!

Andrews, David B (DEED) david.b.andrews at state.mn.us
Sat Jul 27 00:47:07 UTC 2013

ATTACHED PRODUCT BROCHURE- pdf or text

Greetings,

We are excited to share with you that the
revolutionary Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing
Calculator is now available and yes,it can be
purchase with Federal Quota funds!

A quote from a student field-tester:
“I honestly feel that I would not have been able
to complete the last month of Honors Geometry
without the aid of the Orion TI-84 Plus Talking
Graphing Calculator. It's very nice to use and I
look forward to using it for years to come in math and science classes.”

APH partnered with Orbit Research® and Texas
Instruments® to modify the TI-84 Plus, one of the
most popular graphing calculators available. The
result? The world's first fully accessible
graphing calculator; a breakthrough in STEM
(Science, Technology, Engineering, and
Mathematics) education for students who are blind
and visually impaired. This calculator allows
student to explore graphs with spoken
announcements or “sonograph” audio and vibrating feedback!

Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator: 1-07340-00 -- $599.00
<http://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_Orion%20TI-84%20Plus%20Talking%20Graphing%20Calculator_1-07340-00P_10001_11051>http://shop.aph.org/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_Orion%20TI-84%20Plus%20Talking%20Graphing%20Calculator_1-07340-00P_10001_11051

Replacement Item:
Hard Plastic Sliding Cover: 45-004-011 -- $13.65

The Orion TI-84 Plus Talking Graphing Calculator
is a modified TI-84 Plus with a small attachment
that adds accessibility and additional controls.
The attachment consists of a unit on top of the
calculator, above the screen. It includes six
function keys and five cursor keys, plus stereo
speakers. Use the function keys to control
preferences, volume, rate, pause, silence,
repeat, and more. Use the cursor keys for screen
reader control, such as previous and next line,
next word, next character, read all, etc.

ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGE: All shipments will
incur actual UPS shipping rates based on the
destination. Free Matter shipping is not available for this item.

How to Order:

FAX ORDERS: 502-899-2274 or 502-899-2284

WEB ORDERS: <http://shop.aph.org/>http://shop.aph.org/

At the above Shop.APH link, please note the Handy
Lists of Products, including lists of new
products offered in the last year and product
suggestions by program categories. These links
are located on the left-hand side of our shopping homepage.

Contact us if we can assist you with your product purchase plan.

ORDER TODAY!

Your APH Partners

Posted on Behalf of Bob Brasher, Vice-President
of Advisory Services and Research, APH

Sincerely,

Julia

Julia Myers
Director Resource Services & NIMAC Project Director
American Printing House for the Blind, Inc.
<mailto:jmyers at aph.org>jmyers at aph.org
http://www.aph.org
<http://louis.aph.org>http://louis.aph.org
http://www.nimac.us