[nabs-l] Setting up gmail account on iPhone 5?

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 00:10:10 UTC 2013

Hi Koby and all,

I think the issue is that this list tends to get really crowded with
email. When someone writes a message that just says "email me
off-list" and that's the whole message, other list members can get
annoyed because the message was filling up their mailbox but only
concerned two people on the list. Also, sometimes you ask somebody to
email you off-list without clearly explaining why. It can leave people
wondering and guessing why you want to talk to just that person.
What I would suggest is, like Joshua said, just email the person
directly that you want to assist with something. This keeps the
private email off the list and reduces email clutter for others not
involved in your conversation.
If you must ask someone to email you off-list, explain why, as you did
in the last Gmail thread. If someone asked me to email them offlist
and didn't explain why, I probably wouldn't do it, but if they said
"email me offlist so I can help you with your Gmail account" I
probably would.
Hope that made some sense.

Best,
Arielle