[nabs-l] Starting a collegiate goalball league.

christopher nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 15:01:38 UTC 2013

USABA is the United States Association of Blind Athletes, a national
organization which promotes participation in sports-related activities
by blind people. Their Web site is www.usaba.org if you would like
more information. Goalball is a competitive sport in which the object
is to make goals by throwing the ball to the other team's side of the
court. Two teams with three players each (left wing, center, and right
wing) are across from each other on a court which is specially set up
with raised lines designating the positions on the court. All players
wear sleepshades for the duration of the game, and the ball has a bell
in it so that players may hear where it is. When a player has the
ball, he/she can either pass it to one of his/her teammates or try to
make a goal by throwing the ball across the court. If the ball gets to
the other team's side before a defensive player can block it, the team
that threw the ball gets a goal. I hope this answers your questions.

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone