[nabs-l] What I Think I Want To Do...More Questions...

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 15 18:37:15 UTC 2013

Arielle,
I loved your advice when you said,
"That may sound overwhelming, but
really it is just completing a series of classes. If you plan one
semester at a time, and try to focus as much as possible on your
current semester and not on the semesters afterward, you may find you
are less overwhelmed and more optimistic about completing your current
courses. "

I wish I had thought that way in school.
I think you'll make a good psychologist.
Taking it one step at a time is important.

I'll also add that Kerri could meet with an academic advisor every semester.
Good academic advisors will steer you in a good direction and help you plan
classes in a logical sequence.
She should also explore career options with the career center. They won't
know about the blindness careers, but can help with the others.
The career center may offer career testing as well to help you find your
interests. Some schools also have personality tests.

Also, use AFB career connect, an online database, as a resource. You sign
up, then search for mentors by subject and then you write messages to them
with your questions.

Anyway, I hope Kerri pursues school and we can support her as she does it.
Ashley