[nabs-l] social networks

Joshua Lester JLester8462 at pccua.edu
Fri Jun 21 19:21:18 UTC 2013

Ashley!
Myspace is the most accessible!
Moble is the way to go with Facebook.
Twitter doesn't have a captia either.
Thanks, Joshua
From: nabs-l [nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] on behalf of Ashley Bramlett [bookwormahb at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2013 1:51 PM
To: National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: [nabs-l] social networks

Hi all,

I’m planning to join social networks. I know facebook is the main one.
Can you comment on what others are useful and accessible?

What does livejournal do? I mean other than creating a journal on it. Do you have communities on it or what?

Has anyone used pinterest? How does that differ from facebook? Is it more accessible?

For facebook accessibility, has this improved? Is it still best to use the mobile version for accessibility? How does it work? Do you have to invite individual friends to build a network? When you write on your profile, do all friends see it? Is accepting friends accessible? Also, is liking an organization accessible? I hope I can figure out how that is done because I would like to like several organizations on facebook. I assume that means follow them.

Do most social networks have a captua? I know linked-in does.

If they do, I’ll get sighted help. Audio ones are so scrambled I cannot understand them.

Thanks.
Ashley