[nabs-l] social networks

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 23:13:11 UTC 2013

Hi Ashley,

Yes, I am a singer.  I created my live journal almost 4 years ago, and
some things have changed, so if some of my answers aren't exactly spot
on, that's why.

The website creates headings for you.  Each journal entry is a heading
on my journal.  It's all about the layout of your journal.  You can
custumize it to be what you want.  If you have more questions about
that once you get started, I can look at my settings and help you.

You can title your journal entries by giving them subjects.  You don't
exactly have pages because you have several entries to a page.

You can make entries public(anyone can see them) or friends
locked(only your live journal friends can see them).  When you set up
your journal, you can make it clear what you want your defaults to be
with regards to public entries, so you can choose if you only want
live journal users to see them or people outside of live journal as
well.

As for communities, you can join a community.  It's like adding a
friend.  When you post, you can select in a combo box, if your post
goes to a certain community.  You can moderate a community.  I don't
know how it works, but I know it's accessible(I know blind people who
do it), but the only people who can join your community are live
journal users.  People outside of live journal may be able to watch
your community(read the entries posted to that community), but I'm not
sure about that.  I can ask a friend and get back to you.

As for media, you can post photos, imbed videos, and post all kinds of
links.  I have a friend who is blind and imbeds videos, so I think
that is accessible.  I post links all the time.  I don't know about
pictures, but I doubt that would be a problem either.

Very good questions!

--
Julie McG
National Association of Guide dog Users board member,  National