[nabs-l] A possible outreach idea

Anjelina Cruz anjelinac26 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 21:33:55 UTC 2013

Hi all,
I'm still interested in working to create such a booklet for high
school and college students. This is quite a huge idea, and if
something like this already exists then it'd be best if we don't
reinvent the wheel. I'm not sure about high schools, but the college I
attended had other students who were visually impaired but they
weren't able to obtain information from the DS office about assistive
technology and struggled with magnifiers and enlarged screens. Rather
then depending on the DS office or rehab to offer we have this list,
but I'm sure where is a large number of students we could reach with a
booklet. Are there more thoughts on this?
Any disagreement? Who would be interested and willing to invest time
in getting this off the ground?
Thanks :)

On 6/23/13, Kaiti Shelton <crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I like the idea of tailoring it to reach certain populations too.
> Perhaps a high school book and then a college and beyond book would be
> cool?
>
> We'd just need a good start on it.  I like and agreee with all the
> ideas that have been said on this thread thus far.
>
> On 6/20/13, Lillie Pennington <lilliepennington at fuse.net> wrote:
>> I like it. How do we start? If there was enough interest we could create
>> specific books for specic populations such as high school
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Jun 16, 2013, at 6:14 PM, "justin williams"
>> <justin.williams2 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> That's great.  Outstanding.

>>> my
>>> head. If my idea is totally off the mark feel free to say so. I'm also
>>> open
>>> to constructive feedback.
>>> I understand the students we are extremely busy especially during the
>>> semester. As most of you may know, the blind parents division Created a
>>> handbook which can be distributed to anyone who is interested in topics
>>> related to blind parents. I have found it to be a very helpful resource
>>> pass out to sighted people who have questions about how I do things as a
>>> parent who is blind. Could we All work together to create a similar
>>> handbook? This handbook could be distributed to universities or even
>>> rehab
>>> agencies. It's something such as this already exists, I'd be interested

>>> http://host.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/justin.williams2%40

--
Anjelina