[nabs-l] serious problem with the braillenote

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 06:21:24 UTC 2013

Jordan,

Keys sticking like that is really common with the Apex models, it's
just a mechanical glitch that, unfortunately, a lot of them have.
Don't try to fix it on your own; that would risk causing more damage.
If you can make it through the school year, as it would really stink
to send it away and risk not having it back in time for state
testing/final exams/whatever might arise at the end of the year for
you, that might be ideal.  I would usually try to stick out my
BrailleNote problems till after my finals and have my aid ship the
unit off to Humanware at the end of the last exam day so it would be
ready to go when I started school again in August.  If you can manage
to do this and it's not too much of a struggle, E.G. you have a laptop
you can use for major writing assignments or to fix any typing errors
you might not be able to solve on the BrailleNote before turning in
work, then try it out.  Hope this helps.

Kaiti