[nabs-l] Recording on the I-phone

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 15:39:15 UTC 2013

Hi,

Using the IPhone to record voice is not that difficult at all.  Just
go into the voice memos app, hit the record button (in the bottom
left-hand corner of the screen.  If your phone is not muted you will
hear a little ding to indicate that you're recordinng.  When you want
to stop recording, hit the stop button, (In the bottom right-hand
corner of the screen.  Again, you should hear a little ding to let you
know the recording has stopped assuming the phone is not muted.  To
view this recording in a list of recordings hit the stop button when
the phone is not being used to record.  It will bring up all your
recordings, with the one you most recently made at the top of the
list.

You can scroll through the list of recordings, double tap to hear
them.  Below the list is the little progress bar which you can use to
rewind or fastforward through a recording.  Below that on the left is
a share button, which you can use to send the recording to yourself
through email to download it onto a computer.  On the right of that
button is the delete button.

Going back to share, if you send it to yourself through email you can
download the file and use a file conversion tool to convert the m4a
file to mp3.  Hope this helps.

On 3/8/13, Josh Gregory <joshkart12 at gmail.com> wrote:
> You could just use the built in voice memos application in the iPhone, and
> then just convert the recording to  MP3 in iTunes. If you would like help
> with this, feel free to email me off list.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Mar 8, 2013, at 10:22 AM, "Gloria G" <gloria.graves at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>> I was wondering if someone could give me directions as to how to go about
>> only doing a voice recording on the I-phone? Is it difficult? I would also
>> have to turn this into a MP3 file, so how might I do that. Any help is
>> appreciated. Thanks!
>> Gloria
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/joshkart12%40gmail.com

Kaiti