[nabs-l] Quick help with Google docs

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 18:56:07 UTC 2013

Hi everyone,

When I get to the Google Drive web page, I notice that there are a
series of buttons such as create, upload, and share. How do you get
these buttons to activate? I pressed enter on the create button and
JAWS said “loading” and then “load complete,” but I can’t find where
the document is to write.

I am really interested in exploring accessibility, and I know there
are a couple of workarounds. But I am in a situation where one of my
colleagues is having files oddly deleted from her Dropbox and is
incredibly frustrated and wants to switch to Google docs right now. So
I am trying to get some quick answers to investigate preliminary
accessibility.

I know that with Google Calendar, I have an incredibly difficult time
pressing the buttons to create and share calendars. I know there is a
Google accessibility web page, but their advice really hasn’t worked
for me. I know that there is a series of JAWS commands such as rooting
the jaws cursor to the pc cursor and left mouse clicking, and that
really doesn’t work for me although maybe I am doing it incorrectly.

The Google docs web page seems to have some similarities in a negative
way to the web interface of Google Calendar.

Does anyone use Google docs on their iPhone? I have a blue tooth
keyboard so although no optimal, I could do that.

Does anyone use Google docs on their mac?

I have a duel system meaning that I use bootcamp. I really haven’t
found VoiceOver to be as efficient, and I really don’t want to have to
switch sides every time I need to work on a Google doc, but I am
curious.

Thanks for your input, and sorry for all of the details. I always
appreciate the help I receive from this list.

--
Cindy Bennett
Secretary: National Association of Blind Students

B.A. Psychology, UNC Wilmington
clb5590 at gmail.com