[nabs-l] tablet users

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 04:52:08 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Tablets are quickly coming on the market as an alternative to laptops. Some of the major tablets are accessible with voice output and magnification. The Ipad, nexus 7 and windows tablet are accessible and there may be more I’m not aware of.

I’d like to hear experiences with tablets. Have you used them and did you find the gestures easy to learn? How did you learn how to move around? Did you use a keyboard instead of the touch screen? It seems to me that you could use a tablet to write notes and surf the internet since its got a word processor in it. Being new technology, tablets are fairly expensive, but some more expensive than others.

I like the idea of downloading aps on a tablet; like the pandora ap for music or watching tv shows. I don’t know if any accessible games are available for them but that would be a good idea as well. I see people watching tv, surfing the internet and playing games all the time now on their tablets and smart phones. It seems like a great way to pass the time while waiting for a bus or appointment and to take notes.

So, curious as to what you have found user friendly with them particularly the new windows surface tablet. I guess part of me leans toward this because I already know the windows keystrokes and the microsoft suite keystrokes from being a windows user.

Thanks.
Ashley