[nabs-l] tablet users

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 24 05:07:51 UTC 2013

Arielle,
Yes they are. They  showed me narrator, the screen reader for windows
tablet, at the store.
I've heard demonstrations of the nexus 7 online with its screen reader, but
have not tried one out yet.

However, I'm also wondering if you can install jaws on a windows surface pro
tablet.
This is because it might be easier for us to understand and manipulate the
cursor with something familiar. I guess Narrator has its own commands. I
figured since some of us own jaws already, installing it on a second device
shouldn't be too hard.

I have no clue if Narrator offers as much reading information as jaws would;
certainly, it does not let you customize it like jaws does.
I'm hoping to get a hands on demo of it soon and find out how useful
narrator is. Narrator was on windows 7 but did not speak enough to be
useful, so everyone still recommended using jaws on the pc.

Ashley