[nabs-l] Guide Dog or Cane? Which do u recommend and why?

Jeff Crouch jeffanel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 01:42:29 UTC 2013

Hi Haley,
I've ben a guide dog user for just over 2 months, and i'm 16 and this
is my first guide dog ever. and I love having a guide dog. For me,
having a guide dog has made my traveling a lot more easier. With out
having to worry about weather i'm going to fall in to some dranage
hole in the side walk which has happened to some one I personaly new,
but with a guide dog I just love having that fluid walking, I can say
when I was a cane user, I was the best cane user my O&M teacher had,
and that is what he told me one day. I love my dog, and like someone
else minchened, don't let people pressure you in to getting one, and
if you deside to get one, don't let people pressure you in to going
some where over some other place. Personal story, I had a person who
was trying to pressure me in to going to guide dog foundation in New
York, but I looked in to a guide dog school in ohio called Pilot dogs,
and I loved it there. Now i'm not going to tell you what I love about
it there, because I don't want to influence you to go there or not to
go there, you need to deside that if you even want to get one. Like
the famious phrase  says, "Don't judge a book by its cover."
translated to this topic, don't judge a guide dog school by just what
is said around in the blind community, call and talk to the staff, and
ask the questions that you want to ask, and get to know the staff at
the different schools.

Feel free to email me off list for anything else.
I hope I've helped.

--
73
kd8qiq