[nabs-l] National Convention and Wheelchair Attendents

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 21:21:58 UTC 2013

Hi,

As was said, I met/saw a lot of people who use wheelchairs at the 2013
convention, so it is doable.  There are plenty of UPS volunteers that
walk around to provide assistance to everyone, so I'm sure that one or
two might look out for wheelchair or users specifically.  I would talk
to your state president and see what they say about it.  Either a
volunteer can be arranged at convention, or sometimes people from
affiliates volunteer to push wheelchairs.  One of my scholarship
mentors and his wife were wheelchair users, and other people in their
affiliate volunteered themselves just because it was easier.  I would
hope that people from your state would do the same.

Good luck in applying for the scholarship!  It's a great honor and a
great experience to attend convention for the first time.

Kaiti