[nabs-l] Self-Advocacy Question

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 02:55:30 UTC 2013

I'm not saying I agree with the idea that you need a TVI or para by your side at all times in such a class, but taking a cooking class would be a wonderful opportunity to master non visual techniques related to cooking.  If you are going to go through the process of taking the class and doing the work, you might as well get the most out of the experience.  If that means having a TVI come in a couple times a week to support your teacher and demonstrate non visual techniques, I think that would be an ideal solution.  Whatever you do, make sure you have access to people who can help you learn non visual ways to complete the same cooking tasks as your peers.

Best of luck.

-Greg