[nabs-l] Self-Advocacy Question

haley sumner haleysumner at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 12 17:10:11 UTC 2013

Hey JJ,
I think you could just explain your thoughts, and that you feel you really don't need a para for the class. If your TVI & counselor do not know about your cooking experiences, you could give them some background on them. Tell them the skills that you are able to do independently, and those that you still struggle with when preparing meals. This might help them understand and side with you if they know that you are able to cook independently.
Hope this helps.
Haley