[nabs-l] iPads and Students

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 15 04:19:08 UTC 2013

You could get a Microsoft Surface, but at their price point you may as well
invest in a full notebook. I like Apple a lot, but I would personally not
invest in the iPad as a full notetaker or laptop replacement. The level of
productivity is not there yet. Apple's own iWork is not accessible with
Voiceover. MS Office equivalent is even more dreadful. You could get away
with writing in plain text, but the formatting capabilities leave a lot to
be desired, because, of course, we're talking about plain text.

Joe