[nabs-l] NFB of North Carolina News story on Fair Wages

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri Nov 22 15:28:20 UTC 2013

Federation:

I wanted to share the following news story about our Fair Wage efforts in North Carolina.  I think you will all be pleased at the progress we are making in getting our message heard.

http://on.wxii.com/17PUOWT
Congratulations to Gary Ray and the members of the National Federation of the Blind of North Carolina for their role in the production of such a tremendous public awareness piece.  There is also great footage of Ron Brown talking about subminimum wages while serving as the national representative for the NFB of NC state convention.  (You never know when they are watching. :))

Our advocacy is having an impact.  Let's keep applying the pressure.

Sincerely,

Anil

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Director of Advocacy and Policy

"Eliminating Subminimum Wages for People with Disabilities"
http://www.nfb.org/fairwages
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230
(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)
(410) 685-5653 (FAX)
Email: alewis at nfb.org
Web: www.nfb.org
twitter: @anillife

Take the stress out of this year's holiday shopping with NFB's Bid for Equality national online auction: Black Friday, Nov. 29, to Giving Tuesday, Dec. 3. View our must-have donations and register<http://www.biddingforgood.com/auction/AuctionHome.action?vhost=bid-for-equality> to make your Bid for Equality. The future is in your bid!