[nabs-l] Families misunderstanding real world

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 01:42:19 UTC 2013

Beth,

True, there are higher risk of certain complications for both mother and
child after 30, but again, if you're healthy and are dedicated to having
a healthy pregnancy, you have every chance of coming through the
experience just fine.

While pregnant, I ate healthier than I ever have, and I'm a pretty
healthy eater already. Everything organic, no junk food, healthy
portions, etc. I also exercised as much as I could. And oh, drank lots
of water. I drank about 120 ounces a day. As a diabetic, I was testing
blood sugars 15 times a day and in constant contact with my doctor so
changes to my diet and insulin rates could be adjusted.

Nothing guarantees you a perfect pregnancy or labor and delivery, but if
you do your part, you have better chances in the end. The healthier you
are before becoming pregnant is very helpful too.

Stop focusing so much on the negative stuff. Seriously, it's amazing how
your perspective will change the more positive you think.

And right before I found out I was pregnant, my husband and I, who is
also blind, were in the beginning phases of adoption. Other blind people
have successfully adopted. So this is a viable option if you decide to
adopt.

Bridgit

Message: 11