[nabs-l] FW: Brown, Goldstein & Levy 2013 Disability Rights Fellowship

Sean Whalen nabs.president at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 03:20:11 UTC 2013

Please see below for details on this excellent opportunity for law students
and new lawyers with disabilities from our friends at BGL.

Sean

From: Greg Care [mailto:gpc at browngold.com]

In September 2009, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP welcomed its first
Disability Rights Fellow. We are now accepting applications for our sixth
annual Disability Rights Fellowship to begin in September 2014. The
Fellowship offers law school graduates with a disability and zero to three
years of legal experience the opportunity to participate for a year in all
phases of disability rights litigation at our firm in Baltimore, Maryland.
Brown, Goldstein & Levy is an 18-lawyer law firm devoted principally to
litigation. The firm has developed a national reputation for its
high-profile, high-impact disability rights cases. Information about Brown,
Goldstein & Levy, including our past and present work, is available at
www.browngold.com.

The Fellowship is available to law school graduates with a disability and
zero to three years of legal experience. The term of the Fellowship is one
year (September 8, 2014 - August 28, 2015). Salary and benefits will be
commensurate with the salaries paid and benefits provided to non-Fellowship

Brown, Goldstein & Levy attorneys of equivalent experience and
qualifications. The firm offers health insurance, group life insurance, and
group disability insurance. The Fellow should be a member of a state bar or
be planning to obtain admittance to a state bar.

Applicants must have strong academic credentials, excellent writing skills,
and a demonstrated commitment to disability rights. A completed application
will consist of the following:

1.       a cover letter, no longer than two pages, explaining the ways in
which you meet the selection criteria;

2.       a copy of your law school transcript, including an explanation of
your institution's grading policy;

3.       a legal writing sample with a cover page indicating the source of
the sample, any editing or contributions by persons other than the
applicant, and the legal citation style used;

4.       a current resume; and

5.       a list of three references, including name, relationship, and
contact information.

Applications must be received no later than November 17, 2013. Please submit
your application by e-mail to info at browngold.com or by mail to:

Disability Rights Fellowship

Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP

120 E. Baltimore Street, Suite 1700