[nabs-l] voice lessons help needed

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:40:05 UTC 2013

Hi Kelsey.  I have never taken voice lessons before, but your
situation is interesting.  I am a guitar player so, if I wanted to
take voice lessons, I wouldn't want to use backing tracks at all.  I
would go to a voice teacher, so I could improve my singing technique
and that's all.  Personally, I don't like backing tracks at all.  If I
learn a song on the guitar to sing at church, I play along with the
original song which includes vocals, and not just music.  For a lot of
the kind of old country and bluegrass songs I play along with, there
wouldn't be any backing tracks to use even if I wanted them.  So if a
voice teacher told me, they wanted me to bring along a backing track,
to some bluegrass song, I'd have to tell that person the track doesn't
exist.  Good luck.  I use express burn if I need to make cd's, and it
is a very very good program for burning cd's.  I'd highly recommend
it.  Good luck.