[nabs-l] voice lessons help needed

Doug Oliver oliver.doug1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 23:57:32 UTC 2013

Good luck on your issue Kelsey.

-----Original Message-----
From: nabs-l [mailto:nabs-l-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Kaiti Shelton
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 6:30 PM
To: louvins at gmail.com; National Association of Blind Students mailing list
Subject: Re: [nabs-l] voice lessons help needed

Hi Kelsey,

I am a jaws user and have used ITunes to burn CDs several times.  It just
takes a lot of tabbing around to find the burn CD button.  I'd recommend
running an older version of ITunes with the tree view on the screen all the
time, not the newer ones which hide it and make you jump through hoops to
get to it.  Just make a playlist and when you find a song in your library
you want to add to the playlist, just hit the applications key and go down
to add playlist.  Once your CD of backing tracks is done, just go to the
playlist, find the burn CD button, and everything else should be accessible
with JAWS too.

This is only applicable if you want to study with him.  If you're looking
for good vocal training, it might be worth paying a higher rate for better
instruction.  Back-up or karaoke tracks are really tacky, not to mention
very measured so they might hinder your performance as a musician.  It's
really hard to be musical with a backing track because even if you pull off
the vocals, the instrumental part of the piece doesn't match, you can't take
liberties like playing with time, and instead of having the accompaniment
follow you it can in some cases be the other way around.

I'd look into the other teachers around you.  I can sympathize on the
financial end of things as the budget is tight for any student, but I'd
rather spend the money well and have positive results than to have it go to
waste.

--
Kaiti