[nabs-l] FW: Announcing the National Federation of the Blind of California 2013 Scholarship Program!

Angela Fowler fowlers at syix.com
Mon Sep 9 19:44:52 UTC 2013

Are you a student?

Do you have a general interest in academics and are you taking a full-time course load this fall?

If the answer to these questions is yes, then we have money for you!

Apply for the National Federation of the Blind of California’s 2013 scholarship program!

We are offering three scholarships in the value of $500 each.

However, in addition to the funds, we are bringing you on a full ride to our annual state convention. This convention is the largest gathering of blind people in California and is one of the best places to learn how to be independent, how to advocate for yourself, and how to succeed as a blind person. You will be paired with mentors who are avid NFBC members and can teach you what we do and how we do it!

The convention will be on October 11, 12, and 13 at the Doubletree by Hilton in beautiful Sacramento, California. We will pay your hotel, transportation, registration, and banquet while giving you a scholarship if you are selected as one of our winners!

To see all the details and apply, follow this link!

http://sixdots.org/resources/2012-scholarship-application-available/

If you have questions, please contact Henry (Hoby) Wedler, scholarship committee chair at:

hobywedler at gmail.com

We hope to see you in Sacramento!