[nabs-l] Etextbooks

Dan Burke dburke at cocenter.org
Tue Sep 10 14:26:40 UTC 2013

The Access Text Network is free to colleges, but they have to sign up.

When they sign up and request a book for a student, they are required to affirm that the student has shown proof of purchase.  Even so, a school won't always make you show that proof.

As to the cost of the book and lack of resale value, VR can and should pay for textbooks as part of an IPE.

BTW, resale to the college bookstore is not often very rewarding.

Best,
Dan

Dan Burke
Academic and Youth Services
Colorado Center for the Blind
Take charge with confidence and self-reliance

www.cocenter.org
facebook.com/coloradocenterfortheblind
@CoCenter4Blind
www.youtube.com/user/cocenterorg